We want to act appropriately towards the people around us.
We want to be compassionate.
But we’re human, and yes, we slip up.
So we apologize… and then we slip up. Again.
Is this a familiar cycle?
In this episode we explore:
- How do we make sense of this cycle?
- Is our apology an “empty promise”?
- What is the role of apologizing?
- What’s the difference between apologizing for feelings and apologizing for behaviors?
- How recognizing that you slipped up actually promotes connection.
- What does it mean to be human?
- What’s all this got to do with being underfed and tired?