1. Freeze some of the water you’re planning to take with you. That way, you’ll have a built-in ice-pack for your perishables, and super-cold water when you want to drink something refreshing.
2. Pack along some high protein food like shnitzel, cheese (obviously not together!), tuna, eggs, or falafel balls.
3. Homemade trail mix is super filling and a crowd pleaser! Combine your favorite nuts (ours are almonds, pistachios, pecans, cashews and Brazil nuts) with raisins. You can sprinkle in some chocolate chips for some extra fun! A few go a long way.
4. Slice up some fresh vegetables to snack on! Carrot sticks are fun and satisfying, and can be coupled with your favorite dip. We’re big humus fans here!
5. Prepare homemade cookies or some sort of treat. They’ll for sure be better for you than what you can buy in the store when everyone is ready for a treat! Don’t have time to prepare something? Choose the “best for you” choices that are available — plain potato chips, plain corn chips, etc. Shoot for as few ingredients as possible.
Enjoy your trip!